Media / Press Kit
About Enable Injections
Cincinnati-based Enable Injections is a global healthcare company developing and manufacturing drug delivery systems designed to improve the patient experience. Enable’s body-worn enFuse® delivers high-volume pharmaceutical and biologic therapeutics via subcutaneous administration, with the aim of improving the patient experience, supporting superior outcomes, and reducing healthcare costs.
Origin Story of Enable Injections
Enable was founded in 2010 by CEO Mike Hooven, who was working with Cincy Tech and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC) to bring to market new technologies, when he learned about a concept for painless injections that was developed by a surgeon at CCHMC. Hooven utilized investments from CincyTech and selected individuals who had previously invested in Hooven’s companies to form Enable Injections.
- ~200 employees
- $215M in Series C funding, February 2022
- Founded in 2010 by Mike Hooven
Current Public Partnerships Include:
- Apellis Pharmaceuticals
- CSL Behring
Enable Injections’ enFuse® is a hands-free, hidden needle, large-volume drug delivery technology designed to subcutaneously (SC) deliver via constant pressure, which may offer potential clinical benefits. The enFuse® wearable drug delivery technology allows the patient to go about normal activities while the drug is being administered.
enFuse® Key Differentiators:
- Flexibility: enFuse allows patients to receive treatment in a clinic or at home. enFuse also allows for high volume of delivery, from 4mL to 25mL, with a single device.
- Mobility: enFuse wearable technology allows the patient to go about normal activities while administering medication in a hands-free manner.
- Hidden Needle: The enFuse needle is hidden the entire time the patient handles the enFuse, from preparation to disposal of the delivery system.
- Elastomeric technology: Our method of drug delivery is unique, through our elastomeric technology. Constant pressure vs flow rate allows the drug delivery to be responsive to the backpressure in the subcutaneous tissue, resulting in potential clinical benefits.
See the enFuse® in action:
EnywhereCare with enFuse® Vial Transfer System from Enable Injections on Vimeo.