Enable Injections uses human factors, the examination of the relationship between human beings and the systems with which they interact, to guide the design of the enFuse™ platform. The goal is to provide a product that users prefer and can use safely and effectively to administer their injectable therapies. This goal is achieved through an iterative design and evaluation process where use errors are investigated, root causes identified, and mitigations implemented until the likelihood of use errors has been reduced to the greatest extent possible.
To learn more about Enable’s Human Factors studies, click here.
Primary Focus of Design: User Convenience
- Available in multiple sizes to more easily pair with various dosing volumes and frequencies
- User-administration outside of a healthcare facility
- Smallest profile and size for the highest volume
- Promotes mobility
User Interface Features
- Button inserts and retracts needle, pops up at end of infusion and locks out after use to prevent needle stick and reuse
- Retainer strap holds the enFuse™ to the transfer base during fill, deters premature removal and is easy to remove with either hand
- Syringe and Vial wells guide the drug container to the center of the well for proper alignment and easy connection
- Finger Grip Areas provide prominent finger placement for ease of handling the enFuse™
- Fill Gauge / Markers provides visibility to how much drug is in the enFuse™ during filling and dispense